MOVING FORWARD: The 2020 American Dance Platform Symposium
January 8–11, 2020
New York, NY
General Admission: $425
Graduate Student Rate: $225
Registration is now closed. We look forward to seeing you at this unique and timely event in January.
How are you Moving Forward?
How is your college or university moving forward and responding to the next generation of artists, educators, and innovators?
Start 2020 as part of an inaugural symposium designed for dance professionals in higher education. Moving Forward: The 2020 American Dance Platform Symposium presented by The Joyce Theater, and hosted by NYU/Tisch and NYU/Steinhardt, offers the opportunity for faculty and graduate students in dance education and performance to engage in discourse on the following topics:
- Defining and Advancing Diversity in Higher Education Dance Programs
- Envisioning Dance in Digital Space
- Related Research and Position Papers
Discussion and presentations around these timely topics will be facilitated by:
- Jawole Willa Jo Zollar, Founder and visioning partner of Urban Bush Women, Inc., Florida State University
- Cornelius Carter, University of Alabama (Professor Emeritus)
- Charles O. Anderson, University of Texas at Austin
- Rebecca Salzer, University of Alabama
- Gesel R. Mason, University of Texas at Austin
- Norah Zuniga Shaw, Ohio State University
The symposium package includes tickets to experience six American dance companies appearing as part the celebrated American Dance Platform. Dance workshops, receptions, networking forums by Dance/USA at APAP, and more are part of the intimate consortium of key leaders from around the country willing to have honest discussions. Attendance is by application and space is limited.
Application Guidelines 2020 ADP Symposium Application Guidelines
Have questions? Email: DanceEducation@joyce.org.
(Subject to change)
Photo: by Travis Magee